Tuesday, November 30, 2010

SUPARMAN One

The SUP was amazing. I learned so much and was able to reflect. The distance was doable. It was the most amazing SUP ever.

Beautiful, glassy conditions. Very nice.

It started as a beautiful day of SUP.

The historic day of SUP, Bike, Run started out with a gusto. Besides the bitter cold temps, the winds started picking up from the North, 20 knots, gusting to 25+.

Because this would be headwinds, ruthless and stubborn there was no way I could work my way up river.

The very next day, the tide had turned. Still as chilly, but the River was transformed into a bright, beautiful, glassy finish. I was ready to roll.

I was ecstatic to be finally able to launch our much anticipated SUP/Bike/Run from the magnanimous National Harbor to the iconic Key Bridge in charming Georgetown.

No comments:

Post a Comment